The vision we have for our proposed Education Trust is of a strong partnership that helps us to create the best possible educational opportunities for all our children and young people. We believe that the best way to secure continual improvement in teaching and learning is to work collaboratively and transparently to support one another. We will make a shared commitment to hold one another to account, share best practice, provide mutual inspirational and tangible support, with a view to improving opportunities, progress and outcomes across all our schools.
• create an ethos of mutual support and transparency in working towards school improvement across schools within the partnership
• improve progress and outcomes for all children, young people and staff by analysing data across the partnership to inform how we work and how we measure success
• provide opportunities for all our children, young people, staff, leaders and governors to work and grow alongside one another, building positive relationships across a variety of curriculum and enrichment activities
• identify teams across the partnership to share subject expertise in curriculum, training and ‘business’ areas of school life so that we take advantage of economies of scale
• build additional partnerships with supportive organisations, to encourage our communities to be outward-looking
As a Co-operative Education Trust, we will adopt and support the values and principles of the co-operative movement in our work: all Co-operatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. Co-operative members also believe in honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
Trust schools remain part of the local authority system, but are supported by a charitable trust which will appoint some of the governors. It is important to be aware that the governing board will continue to run the school, handle the school budget and be responsible for the performance of the school. The Trust will provide additional resources and expertise.